Nine dedicated facilities – four provinces – 498 beds. We are a leading provider of private psychiatric services in South Africa, offering acute mental healthcare in a caring environment at nine facilities in Gauteng, the Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and the Western Cape.
Who do we care for?
Those suffering from mental illnesses such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
As well as those suffering from:
- difficulty adjusting after experiencing major loss (e.g. the death of a loved one, divorce)
- work stress, burnout and inability to cope after trauma
What services do we offer?
- General psychiatry
- Treatment for substance dependence or other addictions associated with psychiatric disorders
- Specialised mental wellness care for work-related stress, bereavement and adjustment disorders
- Individual care for involuntary and assisted admissions
- Dedicated adolescent programmes and behavioural support
- Support with diet-related mental illness and compulsion anxiety
- Evidence-based drug therapy
- Individual psychiatric consultations and psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Physical therapy, where needed
- Selected facilities offer a neuro-geriatric wellness programme (a movement and mental gymnasium for elderly patients)
5 things that make Life Mental Health facilities stand out:
- Dedicated facilities for inpatient treatment
- Tranquil and therapeutic environment
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Effective group and individual therapy
- Reduced re-admission rates and positive impacts on patient outcomes
Who is on your multidisciplinary team?
Dedicated, committed individuals who are expertly trained in their field. Depending on individual patient needs, your team could be made up of:
- Nursing manager and nursing team trained in mental health
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
3 keys to recovery:
- Attending therapeutic groups
- Individual sessions with therapists
- Medication your psychiatrist has prescribed
If you think your loved one might need psychiatric help, and you are not sure what to do, our decision trees can help you decide what happens next.
We have provided helpful tips for you to download – see downloadable documents on the right.
In a psychiatric emergency:
Call LifeLine National Counselling Line: 0861 322 322
In a medical emergency:
Call your local hospital emergency unit or 10111.
Hospitals offering this service
Life Mental Health units are found in:
All Life Mental Health facilities listed above offer Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) treatments – email to email@example.com for more information about this service offering.
* Adolescent programme offered