These are a few of the therapies offered at Life Mental Health. Please contact us for more details.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) has been used for many years as part of the effective treatment of patients suffering from severe mental illnesses, most often major depression, mania and some forms of schizophrenia. The value of this treatment is known worldwide and the method has been improved in recent years, yielding better results and fewer side effects.
[Download Electroconvulsive Therapy information]
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a form of psychology that can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. CBT is problem-focused (to deal with specific problems) and action-oriented (to find specific strategies to help address those problems). CBT helps you become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking so you can view challenging situations more clearly and respond to them in a more effective way.
- Psychotherapy is the use of psychological methods to help a person change and overcome problems in desired ways. Psychotherapy aims to increase each individual’s well-being and mental health, to resolve or mitigate troublesome behaviours, beliefs, compulsions, thoughts or emotions, and to improve relationships and social functioning.
- Physiotherapy improves your physical condition by restoring normal body functions and prevents disability or pain that may arise from disease, trauma, injury or the effects of long-term stress.
- Relaxation techniques such as mindfulness, meditation and music therapy help an individual to attain a state of increased calmness, or otherwise reduce levels of pain, anxiety, stress or anger.