The rehabilitation journey is often a challenging and exhausting one, yet we know that together we can achieve many recovery goals, and help you start a new chapter in your healing.
What does Life Rehabilitation offer?
Who do we care for?
Our specialised healthcare service provides rehabilitation care to patients recovering from:
- head injury
- spinal cord injury
- severe orthopaedic injury
- stroke and nerve-related injury, or illness, that has resulted in weakness or paralysis
- traumatic injury, amputation and/or joint replacement.
We also support:
- elderly patients with weakness and inability to walk
- unsteadiness and weakness following a severe medical illness
- cancer recovery
- post-surgery strengthening and stabilisation
- specialised geriatric-care programmes at selected facilities
- patients with chronic pain caused by cancer or any other condition
- major bone or joint surgery necessitated by fractures, trauma, or limb amputation
- severe rheumatoid arthritis
- difficulty in breathing, eating, swallowing, bowel or bladder control due to non-progressive neurological (including spinal) condition or injury
How do we set goals?
Every patient and their circumstances are unique – regardless of their diagnosis – so we will establish a specific set of goals to maximise your potential for independence and quality of life. Your rehabilitation team, along with you and your family’s input, will set these goals.
All activities undertaken at the unit are fundamentally aimed at the rehabilitation of our patients, no matter how mundane they may seem. Added to this, we like to have some fun!
Who is in the rehabilitation team?
Our interdisciplinary teams include:
- Rehabilitation doctors
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Neuro-cognitive psychologists
- Speech and language therapists
- Social workers
What services do we offer?
Spinal Cord Injuries Review Programme
Since January 2006, we have successfully treated and rehabilitated more than 2,000 people with spinal cord injuries (SCI). Spinal cord and related injuries account for almost 20% of our admissions, giving us substantial experience in the field.
We’re well equipped to offer holistic assessments and reviews of all body systems and functions, as well as interdisciplinary and ongoing management and care for people living with SCI.
Did you know? Our clinical outcomes for SCI patients, as measured by the international benchmark FIM® (Functional Independence Measure) and FAM (Functional Assessment Measure) efficiencies, have improved by 31% over the last few years.
Looking for more information?
Our Orthopaedic Rehabilitation services include:
- Stabilisation of medical co-morbidities
- Patient and family education on the correct and safe performance of activities of daily living, movement and exercise in order to minimise the risk of complications
- Mobility and independence retraining with self-care tasks in an adapted environment
- Recommendations on home adaptations and assistive devices
- Addressing psychosocial needs of adjustment and coping
- Training of caregivers, if required
Looking for more information?
Follow the links below if you or a family member have suffered an injury and require acute physical rehabilitation, or if you need more guidance.
Download them here:
Hospitals offering this service
Life Rehabilitation units are found in: