Who do we care for?
We are a specialised healthcare service that provides acute and chronic renal dialysis. Our services help patients in renal failure who require:
- Outpatient-based chronic renal dialysis
- Home-based peritoneal dialysis
- Acute renal dialysis in hospital
How do you access our services?
There are three different channels:
- Referral from a referring specialist or general practitioner to the nephrologist
- Referral directly from the treating nephrologist
- Direct contact with the unit manager at the renal dialysis unit
Did you know?
Please note that you will need a separate authorisation number for dialysis treatment; a hospital authorisation number will only cover your hospital stay and not your dialysis treatments. Our Life Healthcare case managers will assist and guide you with the following process:
- Obtaining relevant medical aid forms
- Ensuring that your treating specialist completes the necessary forms
- Returning the forms and your latest blood test results to your medical aid
- Obtaining an additional motivation from your nephrologist in the case of some specialised procedures such as continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)