Registered Nurse – Theatre Qualified
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Theatre Qualified
A position exists for a Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified at Life Entabeni Hospital, in KZN. The position reports to the Theatre Manager. The successful candidate must be able to work independently. Scrub experience in General, and other disciplines is necessary, Cardiac and Neuro experience would be an added advantage.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring the quality nursing care activities carried out comply with the S.A.N.C. regulations, relevant legislations, as well as the policies & procedures of Life Healthcare.
- Implement and maintain all SHEQ and Quality processes related to the environment
- Liaising with doctors utilising the unit to promote good working relationships.
- Managing nursing staff labour hours to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working relationships, performance management etc.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene for the unit, and ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Implementing systems for optimal stock management, ordering and charging.
- Implementing and Maintaining appropriate participative management structures to achieve all agreed upon performance targets
- Registered with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Theatre Experience is essential in General and other disciplines
- Diploma in medical and surgical nursing science
- Must have worked in Theatre for at least 1 year
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience
- Good planning and organising skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Strong customer orientation
- Closing date
- Thursday, June 30, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.