Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified
A Vacancy exists in Day Theatre, Life Entabeni Hospital for a Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified as a Scrub Sister, in KZN. The position reports to the Unit Manager, S. Rohit. The successful candidate will ensure deliverance of quality and safe patient care in the peri-operative environment of Ophthalmology, ENT, Maxillo fascio and Gastroenterology.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring the quality nursing care activities carried out to comply with the S.A.N.C. regulations, relevant legislations, as well as the policies & procedures of Life Healthcare
- Implement and maintain all SHEQ and Quality processes related to the environment
- Liaising with doctors utilizing the unit to promote good working relationships.
- Managing nursing staff labour hours to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working
- relationships, performance management etc.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene for the unit, and ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Implementing systems for optimal stock management, ordering and charging.
- Implementing and Maintaining appropriate participative management structures to achieve all agreed upon performance targets.
- Registered at SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Theatre Certification is compulsory
- Proven leadership abilities and experience in a senior position is a prerequisite
- Recommended- experience for at least 3 years in Ophthalmology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Strong customer orientation
- Closing date
- Monday, January 24, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.