- Life Entabeni Hospital
Two Permanent on Demand vacancies exist for Porters, based at Life Entabeni Hospital reporting to the Senior Pharmacist. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring effective service delivery of quality care in the pharmacy department.
- Critical Outputs
- Transferring of prescriptions, stock and dispensed medication between wards and pharmacy.
- Ensuring timeous deliveries for optimal patient care
- Transferring of stock issued to the wards from the pharmacy and surgical stores
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of movement of stock/prescriptions
- Professional interaction with clients
- Distribution of Memo’s and documents to the wards, Doctors rooms and Allied professionals
- Collection of stationary and stock for the department
- General tasks that support the delivery of quality patient care
- Matric - Grade 12
- An enthusiastic, motivated, punctual & well organised individual with initiative and ability to handle pressure. Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be customer service oriented with good time management skills
- Own or reliable transport due to the nature of shift work
- Effective communication skills; verbal and written.
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Closing date
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.