Occupational Therapy Technician
- Siyathuthuka Care Centre
- Occupational Therapy Technician
A vacancy has arisen for Occupational Therapy Technician at Siyathuthuka Care Centre reporting to Occupational Therapist. The successful candidate will be responsible for rehabilitation of chronic mental health care users and contribute towards quality care
- Critical Outputs
- Rehabilitation of MHCUs to meet requirements of quality care.
- Quality recordkeeping
- Effective utilization of resources
- Effective maintenance of equipment
- Continued education of MHCUs and their families
- Participate in health promotion and disability awareness campaign as per health calendar
- Participate in trainings and development
- Compile monthly statistics
- Incident reporting
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities.
- Grade 12 NSC
- Occupational Therapy Technician Certificate
- Current registration with HPCSA
- Experience in a psychiatry will be an advantage
- Understanding of mental conditions and their impact on functioning
- Skills in running groups
- Effective verbal/ written communication skills
- Engaging diversity
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Ethical behaviour
- Good teamwork
- Cost control
- Closing date
- Friday, May 27, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.