Enrolled Nurse Specialist | Emergency Unit
- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Specialist | Emergency Unit
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Specialist (Emergency Unit), based at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager.
The purpose of this role is to conduct nursing activities to ensure quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures
- Maintain all health, safety and infection control standards to ensure a safe patient environment
- Effective utilisation of resources
- Effective maintenance of equipment
- Accurate record keeping
- The continued education of patients
- Build effective relationships with patients, doctors and other medical personnel to ensure quality patient care
- Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse, registered with SANC
- Relevant experience in Emergency department
- Ability to work shifts according to the operational requirements of the hospital
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Must be willing to fulfill a role in the ward according to the flexi-hours system
- Experience in specialist disciplines would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Thursday, February 22, 2024
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.