Diploma in Operating Department Assistance
After completing this diploma, you will be an Operating Department Assistant in healthcare. This enables you to practise in this capacity in the South African healthcare system. Your scope of practice will allow you to:
- Provide effective preparation of the pre-operative theatre environment according to organisational standards.
- Effectively manage the non-sterile operating theatre environment for optimum patient care.
- Support the registered professional in the sterile field during the operative phase using the aseptic technique.
- Ensure that the technical and environmental conditions are consistent with organisational standards in the anaesthetic environment and in the recovery room.
Start Date: 01 February 2018
Duration: Three years
Cost: As per annual fee structure
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) or equivalent qualification
- Communication level 4
- Maths literacy level 4
- Applications must be submitted by 31 August
- Application forms are available from Life College of Learning’s learning centres or download the form below.
- Please submit proof of payment of the administration fee together with the prescribed application forms and required supporting documentation
Learning centres where the diploma is offered:
- KZN Learning Centre
- East London Learning Centre
- West Rand Learning Centre