Diploma in General Nursing
Bridging course for enrolled nurses leading to registration as a general nurse (SANC regulation no. 683)
- The Life College of Learning trains over 1 000 students per year. The multi-learning centre model enables Life Healthcare to offer relational practice-based nursing.
- Accredited as a private higher education institution by the Council for Higher Education and by Umalusi as a further education and training institution.
- The college is geared to train professional nursing personnel of world-class quality for the extensive Life Healthcare hospital network, as well as for other institutions that are in need of trained nurses.
- Standards are maintained and moderated by the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth and the South African Nursing Council.
Module 1 : Integrated general nursing science I.
Module 2 : Applied social sciences I. Module 3 : Nursing dynamics I.
Module 1 : Integrated general nursing science II.
Module 2 : Applied social sciences II. Module 3 : Nursing dynamics II.
On completion of the diploma you will be a qualified general nurse, registered with the South African Nursing Council. This will enable you to practice in this capacity in the South African healthcare system. Your scope of practice will allow you to provide general nursing care. You can advance your career in nursing through further studies.
Start Date: 04 June 2018
Duration: Two years
Cost: As per annual fee structure
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) or equivalent qualification.
- Current enrolment as a nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- At least six months recent experience in general wards.
Note: Enrolled nurses with a Grade 10 (Standard 8) certificate may apply pending approval by the South African Nursing Council.Download course brochure
- Applications must be submitted by 31 August.
- Online applications on Life Healthcare website (www.lifehealthcare.co.za).
- Proof of non-refundable administration fee; together with the required supporting documentation to be submitted online.
- All applications will follow the college selection process.