- Life Peglerae Hospital
- Ward Secretary/Clerk
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and professional Ward Secretary/Clerk to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will have highly developed communication skills, including excellent writing skills. Stock Control duties will be required as well as patient billing of charge sheets ensuring effective functioning of the Nursing Units reporting to the Unit Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy, including patients
- Flexibility in judgment to assess and deal judiciously with multiple, competing work demands
- Maintain schedules and calendars. Plan and organize meetings &coordinate external visitors
- Sound knowledge of medical stock, and billing
- Perform secretarial duties as per job description.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Perform administrative support including ordering supplies and patient billing.
- Must be able to work in the ECT Theatre as required with regards to administrative tasks
- Grade 12 certificate
- 3 to 5 years Secretary/Clerk, experience with stock control.
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail are important, as are good language and grammar skills.
- A sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential
- Closing date
- Monday, May 28, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.