Ward Secretary – Medical/Surgical
- Finance / Administration
- Life Bay View Hospital
- Ward Secretary – Medical/Surgical
A vacancy exists for a Ward Secretary at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Carmen van der Merwe, Unit Manager. The secretary will report to Ward 5, but will however be assisting in various Units as required. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and Administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- Knowledge of stock and efficient stock management at unit level.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled. Assist UM with minutes of meetings.
- Effective and organised filing of documents in the ward.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- Grade 12 (Matric certificate required - proof)
- General administrative experience: minimum 1 - 2 years
- Previous private health care experience will be advantageous.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Ability to co-ordinate well: staff and patient bookings, billing and stock control
- Well-developed telephonic and communication skills required
- Be able to work flexi-hours, especially over month- and year end times.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 086 683 6827
- Closing date
- Monday, September 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.