Ward Secretary/ clerk- Cardiac ICU
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Ward Secretary/ clerk- Cardiac ICU
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and professional Ward clerk / Secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support to the department and the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will have highly developed communication skills, including excellent writing skills.
- Critical Outputs
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy
- Flexibility in judgment to assess and deal judiciously with multiple, competing work demands
- Maintain schedules and calendars. Plan and organize meetings &coordinate external visitors
- Sound knowledge of medical stock, and billing
- Perform secretarial duties as per job description.
- Good Telephone Etiquette.
- Perform administrative support including ordering supplies and patient billing.
- Must be able to work with high value products and accuracy with regards to billing.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Experience as a Ward Clerk/Secretary or Stock control.
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail are important, as are good language and grammar skills.
- A sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential
- Previous experience in an ICU Unit will be an added advantage.
- Closing date
- Friday, September 20, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.