Ward Clerk / Stock Controller Cardiology ICU
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Ward Clerk / Stock Controller Cardiology ICU
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Rosepark Hospital, for a Ward Clerk / Stock Controller in the Cardiology ICU, reporting to the Unit Manager, Janetta von Benecke. The successful incumbent will be responsible and accountable for both the secretarial duties as well as managing of stock within the Unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Set up and maintenance of preferred stock levels, and daily ordering to ensure a quality pharmaceutical supply service.
- Order generation, placement and follow up.
- Responsible for data capturing, patient filing and all general clerical and administrative work given by the Unit manager and Senior Registered Nurses.
- Management of stock transfers and management of IMEDS reports.
- Participate in the implementation and management of formularies and RSRT initiatives.
- Participate in cycle counts, stock takes and dead stock management.
- Item master maintenance.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all other departments within the hospital.
- Effectively respond to queries and handle it accordingly.
- Correct and accurate billing of Patient accounts and Cost Sheets.
- High professional standards and a commitment to your own development.
- A minimum qualification of Matric and Secretarial experience / qualification are essential.
- Working knowledge of the IMEDS system and experience as a Ward Clerk/Stock Controller in a hospital environment is a pre-requisite.
- Ward Clerk/Stock Controller experience in an Intensive Care Unit will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast & stressful environment, attention to detail and results orientated.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills are important, as are good relationships with doctors, staff and suppliers.
- Competencies required are attention to detail, results orientated, well organized, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 051 505 5519
- 086 646 7529
- Closing date
- Thursday, May 30, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.