Ward Clerk - Renal Unit
- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- Ward Clerk - Renal Unit
A vacancy exists for Ward Clerk, based at Life Hilton Hospital, reporting to the Renal Unit Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Renal department and the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will have highly developed communication skills, including excellent writing skills. Stock Control duties will be required to be performed to ensure effective functioning of the unit reporting to the Unit Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets as a billing clerk
- Ensure appropriate staffing – booking additional staff as required
- Authorisation for chronic and acute patients
- Co-coordinating of patient booking, sending patient’s prescription to the relevant pharmacies
- Ensure effective control of stock, accuracy in billing
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behaviour, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Grade 12 Matric certificate
- 3 to 5 years Secretary/PA experience, experience with stock control within a renal unit is an advantage
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail are important, as are good language and grammar skills.
- A sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential
- Knowledge of Synchromed is essential
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.