- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Ward Clerk
A vacancy exist for a hardworking, reliable Ward cleck, based in the Neuro – Orthopaedic Ward at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital and will be reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to effective functioning and co-ordination of the ward.
- Critical Outputs
- Conducting basic secretarial duties – general administrative work – filing etc.
- Capturing Data – Labour Hours, overtimes, night duties etc.
- Stock control and billing.
- Ensuring daily Quality and Patient satisfaction rounds are done and analysed
- Assisting patients with admission and discharge process Liaising with patients, relatives and Doctors
- Booking of staff with the agencies for the
- Unit Getting authorisations from the medical aids on behalf of patients Update billing on a daily basis.
- Discharging of patients at ward level
- Grade 12
- Computer Literacy – Microsoft office.
- Some experience in a medical environment will be essential Good telephonic and communication skills
- The Candidate must be able to work independently, manage time effectively and be a team player, energetic, quality focused and flexible.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team in a challenging environment.
- Billing /Audit claims experience
- Stock control experience (advantageous)
- Be able to work flexi-hours, especially over month- and year end
- Strong inter-personal skills required
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently and manage their time effectively
- Must be vaccinated against COVID -19
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, May 20, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.