- Life Flora Hospital
- Ward Clerk
A vacancy has arisen for a Ward Clerk position in Section A reporting to the Unit Manager, Collen Davis. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and Administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Co-ordinating of bookings and patient transport
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
- Closing date
- Monday, May 16, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.