Visualisation and Reporting Specialist
- Information Technology
- Life Healthcare Head Office
- Visualisation and Reporting Specialist
Visualisation and Reporting Specialist reporting to the Business Reporting Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing visualisations delivering insights on a variety of clinical and non-clinical data in the Data Ecosystem and proactive advice to business stakeholders on optimising the use of data to drive the business forward.
- Critical Outputs
- Conceptualise, design and develop data visualisation solutions that synthesise data concepts into actionable insights for key business stakeholders, with a strong visual narrative.
- Support the Business Reporting Manager in driving a shift in reporting focus from static reports and spreadsheets to dynamic reports and dashboards with high visual impact.
- Support the Business Reporting Manager in driving business stakeholder adoption of insights-driven decision making and business process innovation.
- Engage with business stakeholders to raise awareness of the power of (Visual) Analytics directly within LHC.
- Work closely with business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions and deliver insights that the target audience needs for action.
- Bring deep expertise in data visualisation tools and techniques to translate business analytics needs into data visualisation and semantic data access requirements.
- Drive the development of and adherence to data visualisation standards.
- Provide technical direction and oversee testing of business analytics solutions.
- Lead testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
- Evaluate new visualisation tools and research best practices for presenting insights in reports, dashboards and slide presentations.
- Participate in POC projects and provide business analytics solutions recommendations.
- Collaborate with data engineers, analytics, and subject matter experts to identify practical and strategically relevant insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years Design Skills experience: user-centric design skills, user journey
- 3-5 Years of experience with data visualisation/BI tools, such as Qlik, PowerBI or Tableau, and expertise in SQL and semantic data access mechanisms.
- 2+ years of Agile and DevOps delivery practices.
- 2+ years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualisation of insights.
- Broad understanding of key issues relating to business information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Client relationship skills: demonstrated ability to build relationships with and interpret data for stakeholders.
- Expertise in multiple technical environments and business knowledge spanning one or more business areas.
- Strong sense of visual design and interest in creative visualisation work.
- Strong team building and creative thinking skills and a desire to “make a difference.”
- Ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs.
- Experience in other web development frameworks and sound coding skills would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Visual design skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Collaborative, goal-driven teamwork
- Narrative story-telling skills
- Closing date
- Monday, January 17, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.