Unit Manager - Voluntary Psychiatric Unit
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Unit Manager - Voluntary Psychiatric Unit
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager at the new purpose-designed Mental Health Unit at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, Cape Town. The position will report to the Specialist Nursing Manager, Anneline Moodley, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating the effective delivery of quality mental health support and resources to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth, sustainability and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilisation and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Ensure staff work within the Health and Safety at Work Act and infection control standards to ensure that professional duties are undertaken in such a manner that protects patients, visitors and colleagues from hazards
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Conduct duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures
- Maintain the safety, confidentiality and dignity of patients and their families
- Registered Nurse with SANC
- Post registration as a Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Proven leadership and people management skills would be an advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.