Unit Manager – Sub-Acute Unit
- Life New Kensington Clinic
- Unit Manager – Sub-Acute Unit
A vacancy exists at Life New Kensington Clinic for a Unit Manager in our Sub-acute Unit reporting to the Nursing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the Company & Hospital strategic objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with approximately 5 years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare (including clinical competence in area of specialization)
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and change management principles
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Driver’s license & own transport
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Team work
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Developing people
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
Mrs. NG Mbuyisa
- 011 538 4708
- Closing date
- Friday, May 7, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.