Unit Manager - Rehabilitation and Sub-acute
- Life Pasteur Hospital
- Unit Manager - Rehabilitation and Sub-acute
A vacancy will exist from 1 August 2022 for a Unit Manager for the Rehabilitation- and Sub-acute unit based at Life Pasteur Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people. This successful candidate will report to the Practice Manager, Christina Fourie.
- Critical Outputs
Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
- Contribute to positive relationships amongst all members of the Rehabilitation team
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Driving of internal and external CPD’s to promote rehabilitation as a specialized nursing pathway
- Degree or Diploma in nursing.
- Current registration with SANC.
- Previous nursing unit management experience in general acute nursing units, a physical rehabilitation facility or a healthcare setting will be advantageous.
- Experience in the field of acute spinal- and neuro rehabilitation would be advantageous.
- ACLS certificate would be to your advantage.
- Proven leadership and people management skill.
- Clear understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Good computer proficiency.
- Driver’s license.
- Own transport and the ability to get to the facility timeously during a crisis
- People management skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- 051-505 5519
- Closing date
- Friday, August 12, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.