Unit Manager – Paediatrics, Paediatric ICU and Neonatal ICU
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Unit Manager – Paediatrics, Paediatric ICU and Neonatal ICU
A unique opportunity has become available at Vincent Pallotti Hospital for a Unit Manager to lead our caring and family orientated Pediatric Unit which includes a Paediatric ICU and covers a Neonatal ICU. The successful candidate will report to the Nurse Manager, Specialised Units.
- Critical Outputs
- Manage the Units to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing care activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Healthcare policies and procedures
- Manage Paediatric, Paediatric ICU/High Care Unit and NNICU within Willow Ward
- Manage nursing staff to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, promoting operative working relationships, performance management and quality output.
- Manage the unit’s budget, including control and maintenance of equipment, pharmacy stock, under/over recovery, stock holding, gross profit margins and debtors days.
- Co-ordinate the unit’s activities with all other departments to ensure optimal utilisation and effectively manage the ward resource management system.
- Maintain hygiene & safety standards in the unit ensuring adherence to policies & procedures
- Participating in change management and development projects that affect the hospital.
- A passion for paediatric nursing and a strong nursing ethos concerning the involvement of families in a holistic approach to care
- A commitment to your own development and keeping abreast of current developments
- Applicant must have full SANC registration as a Registered Nurse
- A Paediatric ICU or Neonatal ICU qualification is essential
- Experience in all 3 disciplines is essential
- We can offer a fully comprehensive induction programme and opportunities to develop your skills though a Personal Development Program
- Flexible nursing hours are practiced
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Managerial Skills
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.