Unit Manager – Main Theatre
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Unit Manager – Main Theatre
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager for the Main Theatre based at Life Rosepark Hospital, Bloemfontein. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the theatre to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people. This successful candidate will report to the Theatre Manager, Tilana Louw.
- Critical Outputs
Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
- Drive the Unit specific CPD programs, In-service training and on the spot training.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilization and Cost of Sales and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Degree or Diploma in nursing with approximately 5 years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare.
- Certified qualification in the specialist discipline is essential (Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing Science)
- A post graduate Diploma in Nursing Management and/or Nursing Education would prove advantageous.
- Current registration with SANC
- At least 5 years’ experience as a qualified theatre registered nurse is essential
- Previous unit management experience will be an advantage
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and own transport
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation
- Drive and energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 051 505 5519
- 086 646 7529
- Closing date
- Friday, January 29, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.