Unit Manager Magnolia and Roundhouse
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Unit Manager Magnolia and Roundhouse
If you are ready for a challenge this is for you.
A vacancy exists for a Unit Manager position in the Maternity Unit based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, Pinelands, Cape Town. The Unit manager will report to the Nurse Manager – General Units.
The unit consists of a Maternity section and female surgical. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company objectives of quality patient care, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff is trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the private midwifes using our facility
- Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse as well as a qualified midwife is a prerequisite
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet customer centric goals and critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players is essential
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to function and problem solve independently and within the team.
- Own Transport
- Relevant clinical skills
- All Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.