Unit Manager - High Care
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Unit Manager - High Care
A vacancy exists for Unit Manager position at Life Eugene Marais Hospital reporting to Nursing Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the Company & Hospital strategic objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective clinical leadership
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialisation, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
- Effective leadership and people management.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit. Effective financial management (including equipment).
- Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
- Manage stock utilisation and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure staff are trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
- Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with approximately 5 years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare (including clinical competence in area of specialisation).
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council.
- Basic understanding of labor legislation, financial and change management principles.
- Computer proficiency (MS office).
- Driver’s license & own transport.
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Team work
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Developing people
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.