Unit Manager – H Ward & Cardiac (High Care)
- Life Westville Hospital
- Unit Manager – H Ward & Cardiac (High Care)
A vacancy has arisen at Life Westville Hospital for the above position reporting to the Nursing Services Manager, Melody Jansen van Rensburg. This position is part of the nursing management team.
The successful candidate will be the operational leader responsible for the management of quality customer care, staff competency and performance as well as the unit budget. The successful candidate will be overseeing a 20 bed Cardiac unit and a 7 bed Cardiac High Care unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring the nursing care activities carried out comply with the S.A.N.C. regulations relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures and meet the requirements of the nursing framework
- Liaising with doctors to promote unit utilization and promoting good working relationships.
- Co-coordinating unit activities with all other hospital departments to ensure optimal co-operation.
- Managing nursing staff according to the business efficiency and staff management process to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working relationships, performance management etc.
- Create a safe patient environment by maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene for the Unit, ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Managing the budget, including control and maintenance of equipment, request for CAPEX stock control in co-operation with pharmacy.
- Implementing and Maintaining appropriate participative management structures to achieve all agreed performance targets.
- Co-ordinate and manage the patient care process in the unit to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implementing a unit specific reward and recognition programme which supports the hospital specific reward and recognition programme
- Must be a Registered Nurse and registered with SANC with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Cardiac and High Care / ICU environment.
- A degree/Diploma in nursing is essential.
- A post basic qualification in Critical Nursing Care is essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- Previous managerial experience would be an advantage.
- Proven leadership and management abilities a prerequisite.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.