Unit Manager – Acacia
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Unit Manager – Acacia
A unique opportunity is available for a Unit Manager in Acacia Ward. The successful candidate will report to Nurse Manager Specialist Units.
Your role will be to provide and develop strong leadership for all aspects of clinical nursing, by initiating optimal unit standards and managing business objectives. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of management skills, must have a positive outlook to change, possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to influence clinical decision making.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist the unit to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Health Care policies and procedures.
- A commitment to practicing nursing as guided by the latest international and Life Health Care guidelines of evidence-based health care is essential.
- High professional standards and a commitment to your own development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to create an environment conducive to both learning and feedback.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, including doctors.
- The ability to supervise subordinates and manage unit work load.
- Financial management - participate in business planning and budgeting processes.
- Applicant needs to be Registered Nurse with the SANC.
- Must have at least 3 years of managerial experience and IP experience/knowledge will be highly advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years nursing experience post registration.
- Candidate must be competent in excel, word and Microsoft word.
- Able to work flexible off –duties an do after hour call
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Building relationships with multi-disciplinary team
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Thursday, October 24, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.