Theatre Unit Manager
- Life Flora Hospital
- Theatre Unit Manager
A Vacancy exists at Life Flora Hospital for a Unit Manager overseeing Life Flora Hospital Theatre. The successful candidate will report to Maggie Bonokoane, Theatre Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Manage the unit to meet the requirement of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing care activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Manage nursing staff to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing promoting co-operative working relationships and performance management.
- Manage the Unit’s budget, including control and maintenance of equipment and stock.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the Unit to ensure adherence to infection control and SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and manage the Unit workload.
- Effectively market the Unit to the Doctors to promote satisfactory working relationships
- Registered Nurse with Diploma in Theatre Technique
- Diploma in management will be advantageous
- Current registration with SANC
- Previous managerial experience for a minimum of 3 years
- Ability to work under pressure
- Conflict management
- Able to do weekend calls
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellence orientation
- Closing date
- Friday, October 15, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting emailed or hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.