Theatre Stock Controller
- Life Bay View Private Hospital
- Theatre Stock Controller
A vacancy exists for a Theatre stock controller based at Life Bay View Private Hospital, reporting to Tania Labuschagne, Pharmacy manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the Pharmacy services within the hospital environment by ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of inventory incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate
- Complete trend analysis with relevant actions quarterly with Pharmacy and Theatre unit manager
- Report 100% of alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trend analysis quarterly
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH, and LHC legal and professional standards
- Achieve required customer service levels in theatre
Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy and theatre stock management
Effective product management and DOMINO
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue, budget and set targets
- Build effective working relationships with doctors
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets
- Achieve optimal system utilisation
- Perform stock counts.
- Sell dead stock.
- Maintain preferred levels
- Order and unpack stock
- Co-ordinate theatre month end
- Grade 12 (matric certificate) required
- Computer literate (Internet, E-mail, MS Word/Excel).
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork essential
- Energetic individual.
- Experience within inventory management or relevant experience within a pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of inventory control processes, procedures and practises
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer awareness
- 086 683 6827
- Closing date
- Saturday, September 14, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.