Theatre Senior Stock Controller
- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Theatre Senior Stock Controller
A vacancy exists for a Theatre stock controller, based at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital reporting to the Inventory Manager, Aurelia Britz. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective management of stock in the theatre.
- Critical Outputs
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with internal customers to achieve co-operation and compliance with audit processes
- Set up and maintenance of preferred stock levels, and daily ordering of stock to ensure a quality pharmaceutical supply service
- Reinforce and maintain LHC Representative Procedure, and develop and sustain beneficial supplier relationships.
- Inventory management including acquisition, control and distribution of stock
- Participate in the implementation and management of formularies and RSRT initiatives
- Asset management to ensure security of stock and to minimise loss due to redundancy
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with Doctors and Staff
- Stock management for theatre
- Monthly count of high value items
- Daily ordering of ethical and surgical stock
- Quarterly stocktaking
- Monitoring expiry dates of all items and managing as per protocol
- Informing UM and PM of any stock issues and shortages
- Ensuring that stock is available at all times
- Ensure cost-efficiency regarding staff planning
- Focus on implementation of formulary products
- Grade 12
- Sound knowledge of at least 2 years on stock control in a hospital environment
- Theatre stock control experience of 2 years will be advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage. Hospital experience and knowledge of systems (iMeds) is a requirement.
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
- Computer proficiency is essential.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Goal directed
- Closing date
- Friday, October 9, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.