Theatre 2IC – Cathlab
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Theatre 2IC – Cathlab
A vacancy exist for a Registered Nurse 2IC in Cathlab Theatre based at the Life Wilgers Hospital, reporting to the Theatre Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic patient care and developing collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Patient care – Determine and administer patients' needs, listening to complaints, recording vital data, receiving and giving report from/to other shifts.
- Administer medication and observe reactions, special diets and implement treatment plans.
- Co-ordinate nursing services with that of the multi-disciplinary team
- Health education – Participate in education/learning programs for patients, families, communities and staff
- Administration – Maintain accurate patient information by recording any abnormalities, referrals, all interventions carried out, incidents, movements and patient belongings.
- Support the Theatre Manager in managing nursing staff according to the business efficiency and staff management process to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working relationships, performance management etc.
- Material and Resources Supervision – Stock control, safeguard issued stock and maintain equipment.
- Allocate, delegate staff according to job requirements, orientate new employees, manage staff schedules, manage joint performance of sub-ordinates
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
- Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a Registered Nurse and be registered with SANC.
- A Diploma in Theatre science with recent experience in Cath Lab, preferably in the private sector, is a pre-requisite.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic, well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure and require strong inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to do call.
- Must have a valid drivers license and own transport
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 012 807 8176
- Closing date
- Monday, July 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.