- Life Peglerae Hospital
- Switchboard Operator
A vacancy exists for a Switchboard Operator based at Life Peglerae hospital, reporting to Suzette van Rensburg, Patient Services Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring a professional and efficient telephony and frontline service to all our clients.
- Critical Outputs
- Answering a busy switchboard exchange with a team of 2 other switchboard operators and receptionist
- Assisting with updating the group telephone lists and managing the access tag control system
- Reporting and liaising with IM on any system telephony problems
- Assisting receptionist with all frontline reception duties on a daily rotation basis
- General duties or admin tasks that may arise on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to deal with difficult customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Previous working experience on large switchboard would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the Avaya Switchboard operating system
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency on MS Office
- Punctuality, reliability and ability to work in close proximity with other team members is essential
- Problem-solving, using initiative
- Engaging diversity
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Excellent Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.