Support Services Manager
- Border Region
- Support Services Manager
A vacancy exists for a Support Services Manager based at Life Diagnostic Imaging East Coast reporting to the Practice Manager, Hendrik Cronje.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Support Department, encompassing patient bookings, reception, reporting, authorisations, porters, drivers, and Ultrasound Assistants at all branches (Life St Dominic’s Hospital, Life Beacon Bay Hospital, Life East London Private Hospital, Medicross and Life St Mary’s Private Hospital, Mthatha).
The successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with the Radiologists, managing their weekly duty roster. The Support Services Manager position is expected to contribute a great deal to the effectiveness of the company in identifying methods of improvement of service, suggesting strategies and approaches, and in measuring the results of all of the efforts.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management and customer care by:
- Monitoring and improving quality metrics
- Managing data integrity and compliance to Life working procedures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
Ensure effective people management by:
- Demonstrating visible leadership skills in respect of Life values, operating models and strategies in order to support diversity and transformation
- Actively leading meetings and ensure participation of all members in order to ensure ISO compliance
- Ensuring quality staff members are recruited to fill approved vacancies in accordance with the company’s transformation objectives
- Providing direction and inspiration to ensure staff are motivated and productive
- Managing and reviewing training plans that are compliant to Life’s WSP requirements in order to enable talent development
- Managing the performance of staff through the performance improvement process
- Ensuring all transactional processing is complete in order to provide employee compensation and benefits
- Ensuring productive working relationships are supported with minimum IR issues
- Ensuring all exit interviews are conducted in order to ensure the retention of staff
- Managing people in a manner that respects diversity and ensures a fair work-life balance to ensure employee wellness
Ensure effective interpretation & application of contracts and funder rules by:
- Managing the bookings, authorisations and reception department to ensure that they comply with the funder rules
- Managing of “do not arrive” patients and communication and reminders of patient bookings
- Managing the collection of outstanding co-payments from patients
Facilitating effective cash flow management by:
- Implementing cash management processes to prevent losses
- Governance and risk management
- Preparing and ensuring sound audit compliances to achieve optimum business ethics
- Participating and developing action plans within the risk management teams to appropriate the correct controls
- Support tip-off investigations
- Operational Co-ordinating day-to-day operations within various departments
- Managing the support department at the respective branches
- Ensuring smooth workflow and patient allocation for radiographers and radiologists
- Liaising with patients and patient families
- Monitoring productivity and efficiency in the department
- Management of complaints
- Efficient communication within the departments and with radiologists, referring doctors and patients
- Compiling and producing Radiologists duty roster
- Providing support and training to new sites acquired by the New Business division – when required
- NQF level 7 qualification in in accounting, finance, radiology or nursing or NQF level equivalent
- Relevant private healthcare industry and proven leadership, change and people management experience
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage including an understanding of relevant and current legislation as well as the knowledge or ability to learn medical and radiology related terminology, technical and clinical concepts and patient services business processes
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to medium-sized company
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s licence, own transport and ability to travel to other branches and locations, when required
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Strong effective communicator.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a large team of diverse employees.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
- HR related activities e.g. overtime for payroll, Kronos, appointing staff and numerous HR related issues.
- Fully computer literate with well-developed skills in email and MS Office suite of programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- To compile monthly Reports to Manco and as and when required or needed.
- Closing date
- Tuesday, February 20, 2024
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.