Stock Controller- West Wing
- Life East London Private Hospital
- Stock Controller- West Wing
A vacancy exists for a Stock Controller based in West Wing Ward at Life East London Private Hospital, reporting Pharmacy. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall control of stock and billing in the Unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Meticulous billing and stock control
- Daily count of high value items
- Daily ordering of ethical and surgical stock
- Monthly stocktaking
- Monitoring expiry dates of all items and managing as per protocol
- Informing UM of any stock issues and shortages
- Ensuring that stock is available at all times
- Conducting clerical duties as allocated by the Unit Manager within the three Management processes, i.e. Quality, Contribution to Profit and Optimal Staff Utilisation.
- Ensure quality client service.
- Ensure cost-efficiency regarding staff planning, stationery and documentation orders as required by your position
- Grade 12
- Sound knowledge of e-billing system will be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of stock control in a hospital environment
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time management ability
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 043 722 3128
- 086 682 8649
- Closing date
- Friday, July 20, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.