Stock Controller: Theatre
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Stock Controller: Theatre
A vacancy exists for a Stock Controller – Theatre, based at Life Bedford Gardens Hospital, reporting to Sanrika Naidoo, Pharmacy Manager.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of stock for all the theatres in the hospital.
- Critical Outputs
- Performing cycle counts and stock takes, as well as the capturing of stock takes and the investigating of variances.
- Receiving, checking and unpacking stock whilst checking orders against invoices.
- Assist with stock purchases and stock control, including file maintenance.
- Capture all invoices, address supplier queries and process credits daily.
- Issue and capture requisitions of stock to theatre daily.
- Management of negative and dead stock.
- Perform stock rotation and check expiry dates of all stock items systematically.
- Meticulous billing and stock control.
- Daily count of high value items.
- Daily ordering of ethical and surgical stock.
- Informing Unit Manager and Theatre Matron of any stock issues and shortages.
- Ensuring that stock is available at all times.
- Conducting clerical duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensure quality client service.
- Ensure cost-efficiency regarding staff planning, stationery and documentation orders as required by your position.
- Daily prosthesis billing, ordering and capturing as well as actioning discharges not final billed daily and escalating queries.
- Applicants need to have a minimum qualification of Matric.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is essential.
- Hospital experience and knowledge of systems (iMeds) is a requirement as well as hospital stock control experience.
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
- Willingness to work overtime, afterhours and weekends also required.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Friday, February 21, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.