Stock Controller : Theatre
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Stock Controller : Theatre
A vacancy exists for a Stock Controller: Theatre, based at Life Kingsbury Hospital Theatre however, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall control of stock.
- Critical Outputs
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with internal customers to achieve co-operation and compliance with audit processes
- Set up and maintenance of preferred stock levels, and daily ordering of stock to ensure a quality pharmaceutical supply service
- Reinforce and maintain LHC Representative Procedure, and develop and sustain beneficial supplier relationships.
- Inventory management including acquisition, control and distribution of stock
- Participate in the implementation and management of formularies and RSRT initiatives
- Asset management to ensure security of stock and to minimise loss due to redundancy
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with Doctors and Staff
- Stock management for theatre.
- Completing ward secretary functions/clerical duties as requested by the Unit Manager.
- Ordering stationary, linen other issues as needed.
- Managing the flow of patient files and finalising the relevant billing checks within the allocated time frames.
- Ensure meticulous billing and stock control
- Daily count of high value items
- Daily ordering of ethical and surgical stock
- Monthly stocktaking
- Monitoring expiry dates of all items and managing as per protocol
- Informing UM of any stock issues and shortages
- Ensuring that stock is available at all times
- Ensure cost-efficiency regarding staff planning, stationery and documentation orders
- Grade 12
- Sound knowledge of stock control in a hospital environment
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.