- Life The Glynnwood Hospital
- Stock Controller
A vacancy exists for a Stock Controller, based at Life The Glynnwood Hospital, reporting to Tau Motatinyane, Inventory Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for effective control of surgical stock within the hospital environment.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist with the procurement, control and distribution of surgical stock.
- Manage and communicate stock unavailability to relevant pharmacy and/or nursing staff.
- Assist with accurate and timeous receipting of stock.
- Ensure stock is accurately and timeously issued to wards and theatres.
- Perform monthly stock counts in all wards.
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
- Experience with stock control within hospital environment will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of inventory control processes, procedures and practices
- The candidate will be required to be available for weekend & public holiday duties on a rotational basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.