Stock Controller (ICU)
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Stock Controller (ICU)
A vacancy has arisen for a Ward secretary/stock controller position reporting to the Intensive Care Unit Manager, Shivagani Patel. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Ensure effective stock management in the unit
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Ensure effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- Grade 12
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Co-coordinating of bookings and patient transport.
- Knowledge of stock management process
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions
- Stock Management qualification or experience
- Sock Management in a Healthcare industry would be advantageous
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Closing date
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.