- Life St Dominic's Hospital
- Speech Therapist
A vacancy exists for a Speech Therapist based at Life Rehabilitation at Life St Dominic’s Hospital, reporting to Carina Basset, Therapy Services Coordinator. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company strategic objectives and applicable Health /Nursing legislation
- Critical Outputs
- Evaluation, program development and treatment of patients admitted to the unit
- Assessment of patients and establishing therapy goals as per rehab standard
- Ensure speech therapy delivery as per patient needs
- Function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care
- Education of patients and their families about the patient condition
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings an establish discharge planning
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities of the unit
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists
- Applicants need to have a degree in Speech and Language Therapy and must have current HPCSA registration
- It is essential to have an understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Interpersonal relationship skills, teamwork, effective communication skills, leadership and performance orientation
- Candidates will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Sunday, October 25, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.