Speech and Language Therapist – Sessional
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Speech and Language Therapist – Sessional
A vacancy exists for a sessional /locum Speech and Language Therapist, at the Entabeni Acute Rehabilitation Unit – Durban. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare. The successful candidate will report to the Therapy Services Coordinator
- Critical Outputs
- Program development, treatment and evaluation of patients admitted to the unit.
- Assessment and establishing of patients therapy goals as per set rehabilitation clinical standards for speech therapy
- Professional therapy service implementation in accordance with Life Healthcare protocols and procedures.
- Ensure delivery and maintenance of appropriate intensive speech therapy programs as per patients’ needs
- Co-ordination of speech therapy within an interdisciplinary team of rehab professionals
- Ensuring compliance to the clinical, quality, efficiency and operational requirements
- Co-ordination of family and patient speech therapy educational programs and appropriate education on the patient’s condition.
- Function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings and participate discharge planning
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities of the unit.
- Building good relationships with the team i.e. nurses, doctors , therapists and other
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, and relevant legislation, challenges and role players
- Applicants need to have a degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Current HPCSA registration
- A minimum of two years post community service working experience
- Experience in treating adults and children with neurological disorders is essential
- Understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury is essential.
- Will be an advantage to have experience in speech therapy specific modalities e.g. AAC, VitalStim etc.
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship skills including effective communication skills
- Independent performance orientation, and understanding of interdisciplinary teamwork is essential
- Candidate will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- Closing date
- Friday, April 03, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.