Social Worker x1
- Esidimeni Recovery Centre Witpoort
- Social Worker x1
A vacancy has arisen for a Social Worker position at Esidimeni Recovery Centre Witpoort, in Brakpan, reporting to the Senior Social Worker. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the therapeutic and the rehabilitation service to persons with Substance Use Disorder at the facility. The candidate will be expected to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with aims to deliver a quality and cost-effective substance abuse treatment and the rehabilitation service.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that full psychosocial assessments of all service users are done upon admission using LE assessment tools
- Work within the professional team to develop individual treatment plans (ITP) for each service user
- Work within the professional team in coordinating case reviews and evaluations
- Facilitate psycho-educational, support and social skills groups for service as part of the treatment and the rehabilitation programme
- Facilitate and co-ordinate group, family and individual therapeutic sessions
- Preparing service users for discharge or release from recovery Centre
- Co-ordinate after-care programmes for service users who complete treatment programme with external stakeholders
- Form strong relationships with external stakeholders to provide broad based integration service for users
- Assist service users with legal issues and ensure that court appearances are dealt with timeously and that all the required reports and documentation are completed as and when required
- A recognized degree in Social Work and registration with South African Council for Social Services Professions
- Exposure to substance abuse service is recommended
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies pertaining to treatment of substance abuse
- Strong team orientation, with the ability to lead by example
- Results orientation to detail patient focus and excellent interpersonal skills are very important for this position
- Ability to work under pressure and display initiative
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Team Player
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Ethical behavior
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 4, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.