Social Worker Position
- Life Esidimeni Lorraine Frail Care Centre
- Social Worker Position
A vacancy exists for a Social Worker based at Life Esidimeni Lorraine Frail Care Centre in Port Elizabeth, reporting to the Therapy Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for internal social work coordinating practice, as part the ability to provide holistic care and resources within the facility to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective building of relationships with internal/external stakeholders:
- Ensure productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (including governmental bodies DoSD) by participating in various forums and cross-functional activities
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Ensure Occupancy Targets are achieved through sound relations with DoSD District and Community stakeholders
- Ensure all admission and discharge assessments are as per DoSD criteria and terms of reference.
- Ensure Occupancy Target of 100% are achieved by engagement and follow up with referral resources
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Participate and ensure compliance in Self Audits, DoSD audits and LE Audits
- Participation and input in MDT and MANCO Meetings.
- Provide family support and interventions aligned with the individualized rehabilitation goals monthly.
- Ensure that an individualized social work rehabilitation program is provided to all care users and are aligned with the MDT rehabilitation Goals.
- Engage in Community Outreach programs, advocacy and education.
- Organize and drive Hospital specific activities as per the health calendar.
- Manage LOA Process and give monthly feedback to Centre Manager and Therapy Service Coordinator
- Provide Psychosocial education groups for appropriate care user level and give feedback monthly to the Centre Manager and Therapy Service Coordinator
- Trace Missing families with monthly feedback to Centre Manager and Therapy Service Coordinator
- Assist with the acquisition of Birth Certificates and ID books if the residents.
- Registration with relevant bodies- adhere to professional conduct
- Adhered to all current Guidelines, Policies, Work procedures and legal compliance.
- Familiarize yourself with DoSD SLA and for Lorraine Frail Care Centre
- Provide a detailed month end report to the Centre Manager on all Targets, Activities and Achievements
- Participation in congress, professional meetings, CPD and social event that would provide opportunities for positive media exposure and public exposure.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills are required, as well as vision and tenacity to develop the rehabilitation function into a strategic advantage to the hospital
- Results orientation, attention to detail, patient focus and excellent interpersonal skills are very important for this position
Effective financial management (including equipment)
- Participate in business planning and manage costs according to budget.
- Ensure that alerts are written to prevent costly incidents.
- Grade 12
- Degree in Social Work
- Currently registered with the appropriate governing body
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantageRelevant experience in social work to meet the critical outputs
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Motivating and developing people
- Rule orientation
- Closing date
- Friday, August 12, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.