- Life Poortview Hospital
- Social Worker
Vacancy exists for a Social Worker at Life Poortview Hospital based in Roodepoort. The post holder will report to the Hospital Manager and will be expected to render all services as stipulated within the critical outputs. The person will also play a vital role within the patient programs as facilitated by Life Poortview Hospital and must be able to function independently and display initiative within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure effective knowledge of the SW Department within Life Poortview and all stake holders.
- Ensure knowledge of the aims and goals of the facility as to convey to patients and family members.
- Assessment of patients within set time frame after admission/ referral.
- Ensure the Code of Conduct is discussed with patient and family within set timeframe after admission.
- Provide daily group work sessions with patients.
- Provide daily/regular feedback to patients.
- Participate in weekly MDT sessions and provide feedback.
- Provide discharge planning to all patients and family members.
- Assist with family sessions when needed.
- Assist with recommendations regarding placement, treatment and after care facilities if needed.
- Ensure effective communication and referral to all secondary treatment facilities/ placement options.
- Report writing for referral/ feedback purposes if needed.
- Follow-up on discharged patients and render aftercare services if needed.
- Submit monthly statistics on all patients assisted and services rendered.
- Ensure CPD points are up to date.
- Attend daily review meetings.
- Ongoing in-service training of Care Workers assigned to adolescents.
- Maintain good referral relationships with all referral facilities.
- Registration with Statutory Body (SASSP).
- Report incidents of abuse and poor care or service provider.
- Attend all required meetings when needed.
- A Degree in Social Work and registration as Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Services Professions.
- A Masters Degree in Social Work will be a benefit.
- A minimum of 5 year’s management experience with exposure to a substance abuse service is recommended as well as all Psychiatric/ Mental Health diagnoses and treatment criteria
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies pertaining to treatment of substance abuse.
- Knowledge on the relevant Mental Health Care Act and documentation, as well as exposure to the Children’s Act.
Strong team orientation, with the ability to lead by example.
- Results orientation, attention to detail, patient focus and excellent interpersonal skills are very important for this position.
- Ability to work under pressure and display initiative.
- Problem-solving analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing Social Worker
- Drive & Energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Sunday, August 14, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.