- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Services Manager
Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital has an opportunity available for a suitably qualified and experienced Soft Services Manager reporting to the Hospital Manager, A Olls. The successful incumbent will be responsible for efficiently coordinating and managing internal support services and external non-technical services across a multi site hospital environment to achieve the Company objectives of growth, quality and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of all non-technical service provider contracts
[includes Cleaning, Pest Control, Security , Catering and Vending, Linen, Waste Management, Landscaping and Internal Plant Services, Hygiene Services, Portering and Coffee Shops] :
- Responsible for identifying applicable services and service providers and liaising with procurement to utilise as preferred providers in line with Group governance.
- Ensure in consultation with group procurement that SLA is fit for operational purposes, document specific hospital requirements and ensure agreements signed by all parties.
- Monitor contractor performance and response times in accordance with SLA’s and implement corrective actions in the event of any deviations.
- Conduct monthly review meetings with the Service Providers to ensure service delivery that continually adds value to the customer.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders and develop longer term potential through positive relationship management.
- Carry out random inspections/audits of non-technical services and provide weekly and monthly reports to HM and non-technical contractor performance, incidents and issues
Effective financial management:
- Participate in forecasting the budget and manage operations within the set financial parameters.
- Monitor service from contractors and maximise the profitability of contracts.
- Receive, check and reconcile all non-technical service related invoices and manage payment approval process.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager/Hospital Manager responsible for projects /new installations and ensure all planned capex expenditure is requested and signed off and is compliant with relevant statutory requirements and LHCs procedures.
- Update Asset Registers as new / replacement equipment is introduced and manage equipment warranties / guarantees related to non-technical services.
- Identify opportunities to enhance business processes/operations and ensure innovative solutions/initiatives are developed to improve efficiency and achieve financial savings.
Effective people management through:
- Motivate staff, clients and contractors to achieve set work targets /quality service standards.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and embed positive standards and behaviours aligned to LHC values, operating model and strategy and actively sponsor any Group projects /initiatives.
- Recruit staff according to LHC people policies and continue to develop an effective, cohesive and competent team.
Effective quality systems management through:
- Ensure customer satisfaction is evaluated regularly and complaints and incidents are accurately investigated and comprehensive feedback given with-in the required time frame
- Investigate and report on security incidents.
- Conduct risk assessments in your area of responsibility and identify alert and incident trends and drive corrective actions
- Ensure external stakeholders comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation and or requirements.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001/2008 and ISO/2004 requirements and participate in various audits
Effective facilities management through:
- Ensure hospital multiple sites are clean and meet hygiene standards.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager/Hospital Manager responsible for projects and ensure additional soft services are approved and procured as needed.
- A Degree or Higher National Diploma [NVQ level 7] in Facilities Management, Business Management/Administration, Logistics Management, Project Management or Hospitality Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing soft services, preferably in Healthcare or Hospitality or at a large size facility.
- Strong financial acumen with the confidence to manage/analyse profit and loss, accounts, budgets and financial information
- Experience in managing contractors and leading large teams
- Excellent general management skills and experience in bids and tenders, contract/SLA management.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and quality assessment systems.
- Have sound knowledge of a maintenance environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and exposure to industrial relations.
- Computer literacy in micro-soft office
- Attend to all after-hour call outs related to non-technical issues on a rota basis
- A full driver’s license
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Drive & energy
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs and outputs of the team.
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellence orientation
- Attention to detail
- 021 506 4150
- 086 758 9525
- Closing date
- Monday, April 30, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.