- Life Flora Hospital
- Service Manager
A vacancy exists for a Service Manager based at Life Flora Hospital reporting to Elzeth Bezuidenhout, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for efficiency, coordinating and managing the internal support services and external service providers within the hospital environment to achieve Company objectives of quality, growth and people. Services managed include – Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Medical and General Waste, Garden services, Catering, Hospital Interiors and aesthetics, Hygiene services, Porter services and Parking for Public, Doctors and Staff.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of external service providers
- Identify, together with Procurement, applicable services and service providers at hospital level.
- Review Service Level Agreements (SLA) and, in consultation with Procurement, document specific hospital requirements and ensure signature of SLA’s by relevant manager/s.
- Drive and monitor conformance to SLA, identify non-conformance and proactively implement corrective action.
- Maintain productive relationships with service providers to achieve optimum efficiencies.
Effective relationship building with and service provision to internal and external stakeholders
- Participate actively on internal and external review meetings Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Company values, operating strategy and actively sponsor Company initiatives and projects as it relates to the hospital.
- Ensure change is supported by a change process to ensure continued and improved productivity to enhance operational requirements.
- Actively support diversity/ transformation/EE/People with disability in recruitment, talent management, reward & recognition and retention.
- Plan and control of the different resourcing departments for both in-sourced and outsourced services.
- Ensure quality staff members are recruited to fill approved vacancies in accordance to standard recruitment processes.
- Ensure all new staff members are fully inducted in services.
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behaviour.
Effective financial management of areas within the Service Manager’s responsibility.
- Participate in budgeting process together with hospital management.
Effective quality systems management
- Internal and external customer satisfaction to be enhanced in managing the hygiene and aesthetics of the facility.
- Ensure customer satisfaction survey is conducted on a regular basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure requirements/complaints of external and internal customers are identified, investigated, acted upon and managed appropriately.
- Ensure external stakeholders conform to agreed quality standards by conducting quality walk-abouts and implement improvements where necessary.
- Prepare and participating in various audits (i.e. ISO, DOL, internal, QMS, DOH).
Effective facilities management.
- Participating in building hand-over projects to ensure additional soft services are procured timeously where applicable
- Ensuring the hospital facility is always in a clean, attractive and in a habitual state.
- Manage and control all aspects of catering for patients, doctors, staff and functions.
- A recognised Degree or Advanced National Diploma at NQF level 7 in Facilities Management, Business Management/Administration, Hospitality Management, Logistics Management, Supply Chain/Contracts Management or Project Management
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years proven leadership and people management experience gained preferably within the healthcare industry
- Experience of the services environment in a private hospital
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and its related services and risks (i.e. infection control and safety practices)
- Knowledge of procurement policies, practices & systems (LHC or other)
- Knowledge of LHC or other operating model (i.e. matrix)
- Understanding of facilities management, financial and project management principles
- Computer proficiency
- Internal and external customer responsiveness
- Ethical behaviour
- Knowledge of contract management
- Influencing (including negotiation skills)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Knowledge of health & safety regulations (i.e. OHS Act)
- Problem solving, analysis & judgement
- Understanding of labour legislation
- Basic understanding of financial principles
- Basic understanding of project management
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Planning and co-ordinating
- Results orientation
- Organisational awareness
- Engaging diversity
- 011 470 7710
- Closing date
- Friday, June 22, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.