Senior Supply Manager
- Illovo, JHB
- Senior Supply Manager
A vacancy exists, for a Senior Supply Manager based at Head Office, reporting to Procurement Manager: Services and Commodities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of key services and products utilized within Life Healthcare. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that a quality procurement service, financial objectives and legislative compliance metrics are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
- Engage with vendors to deliver quality, cost effective products and services.
- Manage the acquisition, utilization and value chain across products and services to ensure cost leadership and strategic sourcing.
- Aggressively manage price increases to main cost effectiveness in a risk-sharing reimbursement environment.
- Participate in the implementation of and compliance to LHC Quality Management Systems.
- Achieve required customer service levels by proactively managing vendors.
- Generate and action relevant management reports.
- Participate in new growth projects, as required.
- Build effective working relationships with hospital and functional teams.
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behaviour in team.
- Relevant Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and surgical consumables in the healthcare industry would be advantageous
- Understanding of management and relationship structures within an operating environment
- Financial and numeric skills
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 05, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.