Senior Stock Controller - Pharmacy
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Senior Stock Controller - Pharmacy
A vacancy exists for a Senior Stock Controller based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to Fernando Williams, Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and co- coordinating the Pharmacy services within the hospital environment by ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of inventory incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Complete trends analysis with relevant actions quarterly together with Pharmacy Manager.
- Report 100% of pharmacy alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trends analysis quarterly.
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Achieve required customer service levels in theatre and wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives.
Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy.
Effective product management
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget.
- Build effective working relationships with doctors.
Effective COS and Domino
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget
- Build effective working relationships with doctors and other stakeholders in the hospital
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets.
- Achieve optimal system utilisation.
Effective people management
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices.
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behaviour in team.
- Grade 12 and Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Experience within inventory management or relevant experience within a pharmacy environment
- Knowledge of inventory control processes, procedures and practices
- Understanding of management and relationship structures within an operating environment
- People management experience
- Basic financial and numeric skills
- Computer proficiency
- Drivers license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Friday, June 28, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.