Senior Stock Controller
- Life Fourways Hospital
- Senior Stock Controller
Vacancy exists for a Senior Stock Controller based at Life Fourways Hospital, reporting to Ziyanda Langeni, Senior Pharmacist. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards. A key part of the role will be ensuring optimal stock management in all units through effective interdepartmental liaising, communication and administrative support to the pharmacy team.
- Critical Outputs
- Managing the surgical stores department and/ or theatre
- Managing the procurement, control and distribution of surgical stock
- Ensuring accurate receiving and receipting of surgical stock.
- Ordering and capturing of prosthesis invoices and transfers to theatre
- Implementing and maintaining the LHC formulary.
- Active involvement in stock-takes and cycle counts.
- Dead stock and short dated stock management
- Handling queries from relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring a culture of quality in our business and operational excellence.
- General administrative functions as requested
- Maintenance of the Pharmacy including cleanliness and neatness of the Pharmacy.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with Doctors and Staff.
- Grade 12 Matric
- Computer literacy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Responsible and Mature, Team Player, Reliable and trustworthy, customer excellence
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Must be customer orientated with a commitment towards continuous improvement.
- Candidate will need to be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- 5 years’ experience with stock management will be advantageous
- Private Healthcare experience will be beneficial
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Organisational awareness
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Drive & energy
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.