Senior Medical Officer
- Waverley Care Centre
- Senior Medical Officer
A vacancy for a Senior Medical Officer exists at Life Esidimeni, based at Waverley Care Centre in Knights, Germiston. This position will report to Hospital Manager - Waverley Care Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for the clinical care of all patients
- Critical Outputs
- Clinical Care – Admission, physical examination, treatment regimen, follow-up and routine examinations of patients. Pre-discharge evaluation, continuation of treatment, emergency care. Regular examination of hospital staff according to company health surveillance policy Play an active role in the rehabilitation programme.
- Patient Care Information System – Ensure the database is maintained concerning: Clinical, Gender, Diagnosis, Treatment plan, Referrals, Deaths and Discharges.
- Research – Keep abreast with present developments in the field and to participate in research projects relevant to the specific service field.
- Legislation, Standards, Policies and Procedures – Compliance with the rules and regulations of the Health Act, Mental Act, LRA, OHSA. Adherence to company standards, policies and procedures, as well as DOH Service level agreement.
- Networking – Attendance of multi- disciplinary meetings. Consultation with colleagues, liaise with district health and hospital service structures. Attendance of academic meetings. As a member of professional body.
- Training – In-service training of nursing and supplementary health professions and new MO/SMO appointees. Clinical guidance to management.
- Ensure on-going medical care. Duty roster planning together with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure coverage of hospital.
- Supervision: Take care of Material resources in the Medical Departments.
- A formal, comprehensive referral should be written to the referral facility, and a copy made of same and this must be placed in the patients file.
- All duties relevant to clinical care of patients
- MHCA report writing
- All duties pertaining to team interaction
- MBChB or equivalent
- Professional Registration and insurance HPCSA
- 3 years’ post internship experience is a requirement
- Experience in Internal Medicine, Rehab and Mental Health Rehab Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Good understanding of mental health principles
- A valid SA Driver’s License
- Computer Literate
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, August 23, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.