- Information technology
- Rosebank , JHB
- Security Architect
Life Healthcare is seeking a Security Architect. based at Head Office, within the Information Management Department The role will focus on designing and developing security architecture patterns that meet regulatory obligations and data protection requirements as well as align with the business and corporate security strategy. The Security Architect will collaboratively direct security engineers to build security controls and solutions compliant with approved architecture frameworks and standards.
- Critical Outputs
Strategy and Planning
- Perform security assessments, identify gaps in existing security architecture, and recommend changes or improvements.
- Define Security Architecture framework, process and principles.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats.
- Create solutions that align enterprise security architecture frameworks and standards (e.g. SABSA, NIST 800-53, ISO 27002) with overall business and security strategy.
- Participate in risk assessments for new technologies and projects.
- Employ secure configuration management processes.
- Assist in developing a disaster recovery and business continuity plan. Identify and prioritize system functions required to promote continuity and availability of critical business processes such that in the circumstance of system failure critical business functions are restored or recovered promptly.
- Document security requirements and controls for protecting information, systems, and technology assets.
- Define and document how the implementation of a new technology impacts the security posture of the current environment.
- Document and update as necessary all definition and architecture activities.
- Provide input on security requirements to be included in request for proposals (RFPs), statements of work (SOWs), and other procurement documents.
- Communicate current and emerging security threats to project team members.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Security Architecture.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other relevant security related designation(s) preferred
- Certifications in CISSP-ISSAP, TOGAF, or SABSA considered an asset
- Experience in identifying gaps in existing architectures.
- Experience in designing security architectures to mitigate threats.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS) and network security methodologies.
- Planning and organizing
- Deadline driven
- Ability to handle pressure
- Building relationships
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Friday, January 22, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.