- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Secretary Rehabilitation
A vacancy has arisen for Secretarial and Administrative support at the 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit, Gauteng. Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation unit is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare group. The successful candidate will report to the Rehabilitation Unit Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy
- Flexibility in judgment to assess and deal judiciously with multiple, competing work demands
- Maintain schedules and calendars. Plan and organize meetings &coordinate external visitors
- Sound knowledge of medical stock, and billing
- Perform secretarial duties as per job description.
- Good Telephone Etiquette.
- Perform administrative support including ordering supplies and patient billing.
- Must be able to work with high value products and accuracy with regards to billing
- Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of inventory incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Achieve required customer service levels in wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction.
- Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy.
- Effective COS and Domino
- Build effective working relationships with doctors and other stakeholders in the hospital
- Effective asset management
- Participate in stock stake and achieving set targets.
- Achieve optimal system utilisation.
- Generate reports and submit daily as per unit’s requirements
- Effective people management
- Build positive work behavior and good relationship.
- Understanding all stakeholders and creating positive relationship.
- Telephonic and e-mail liaison for Rehab to all clients, marketing contacts, and all other departments
- Organisational and logistical arrangement of meetings and diary management
- Coordination of Rehab unit training programs and processing of CPD certificates
- Compiling meeting agenda, minutes and action list follow up post meetings.
- Coordinate marketing events, including conferences, funder visits and other
- Responsible for general office layout contents and maintenance
- Processing of invoices, expense claims and ensuring communication with relevant persons
General administrative support:
- Maintain contact databases and mailing lists of internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and efficient filing system, ordering of stationery, etc.
- Management of patients’ electronic file storage
- Designing, compiling and formatting of presentations on MS PowerPoint
- Typing and formatting correspondence and documentation in MS Word as required
- Creating and updating relevant spreadsheets, data analysis and creating graphs in MS Excel
Consolidating and collating reports, including patient admission, satisfaction and outcomes data reports
- Providing logistical support to unit for web-based training
- Develop and compile training feedback reports
- Maintaining an electronic library of relevant documents and presentations
- Maintenance of ISO compliant documents with respect to Quality document control process and maintaining the Quality Management System
- Matric with a secretarial, office management or related qualification
- Relevant administration experience of +5years
- Experience in using IMPILO will be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office is a pre-requisite, especially intermediate Excel
- Understanding of a hospital environment and medical terminology would be an advantage.
- The ability to deal with confidential matters and interact professionally at all levels, both internally and externally.
- This demanding job requires a well-organized and enthusiastic individual who is willing to take responsibility for his / her outputs and career development
- Honest and reliable
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Task and deadline driven
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Planning & organizing skills
- Good quality of work
- High level of energy
- Building and maintaining sound relationships
- Closing date
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.